Habitrol 14mg Step-1 patches is a proven and effective method for helping you quit smoking and is an excellent Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT). This comes in an pack of 28 patches. Key benefits include:
- Delivers steady dose of nicotine for 24 hours
- Reduce Nicotine Cravings
- Proven Stop Smoking Program
- Slow release
The nicotine patch when applied to the skin delivers a steady dose of nicotine over a 24-hour period. Gradually, the dose is reduced until the person no longer craves nicotine, and they can stop using the medication. This medication works best when used with a comprehensive program to quit smoking
All products come directly from a New Zealand wholesaler. Authenticity of products are certified by the NZ ministry of health. For more information go to: http://www.medsafe.govt.nz
How to Use
Only one nicotine patch should be applied once a day to an area on the upper body or upper outer arm that is non-hairy, intact, non-irritated, clean, and dry.
- Therapy for most people begins with the 21 mg/day patch and continues for 6 weeks.
- The next stage of therapy will gradually reduce the dose of nicotine. After successful completion of the first 6-week stage, the 14 mg/day patch should be started for 2 weeks, immediately followed by the 7 mg/day patch for another 2 weeks.
- Treatment will generally take 8 to 12 weeks.
It is important to reassess your initial dose of nicotine after the first 2 weeks of therapy.
Hazards and Cautions
- Keep out of reach for children
- Store below 30C (86F)
- You should not smoke while using this product
This product should NOT be used by:
- Persons under 12 years of age
- You have an allergy to nicotine or any other ingredient in the gum
- The foil seal is broken
Please consult with your doctor or pharmacist before starting a program with Habitrol gum if you are:
- Between 12 and 18 years of age
- Pregnant woman or those intending to become pregnant or are breastfeeding- Taking any form of prescription medicine
- Suffer from any form of heart or vascular disease, diabetes, liver or kidney disease or have an overactive thyroid condition.
The most common side effects associated with Habitrol patches are headaches, dizziness, and insomnia. Refer to information leaflet for more details
Age RestrictionsIntended for persons over the age of 18 years
- One Habitrol transdermal patch contains 52.5 mg of nicotine in a patch size of 30 cm2 , releasing a nominal 21 mg of nicotine per 24 hours.
Refer to information leaflet for more details.